> | | > All That Glitters--is so totally GOLD!

All That Glitters--is so totally GOLD!

Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 | 2 Comments

The sun finally showed itself today in Raincouver! Hooray! I wanted to capture some of that sunniness somehow to commemorate it and ended up with sparkly gold nails :) I love gold as a nail colour because it's subtle and kind of blends in with your skin tone, but when you take the time to look closer it's so very bling!

Got a few comments from customers at work today and just felt like sharing~ And I'd like to say, I love it when people think I got my nails done at a salon/spa when in actuality, I just did it myself, ahaha.


Gosh, it feels like forever since I've done my nails. But I can mostly attribute that to the fact my nails keep breaking when they just become long enough to paint. It's one of those "NUUUUUUUU!!!" moments :(

 
 
From left to right: "Charge It!" from Sephora by OPI, "Only Gold for Me" from Sephora by OPI, and Rimmel's base coat/top coat

Even though Only Gold for Me is already a top coat, I only applied it to the tips of my nails for kind of a French manicure effect--I didn't want to overpower my nails with too much bling and gold-on-gold so I had to apply the clear top coat to seal it.

Like I said in another post, I adore Rimmel polishes. They're cheap, long-lasting, and have a very convenient, flat brush that allows for more surface area to be covered :) Alas, they just don't have as big of a selection as OPI--or Sephora by OPI for that matter.

In any case, to get these nails:
  1. Apply two coats of Charge It! to get a nice solid gold colour
  2. Take Only Gold for Me and making sure you have an ample amount of glitter on the brush, apply the varnish starting about halfway from the tip of your nail. Apply until you have the desired effect (ie. enough glitter to suit your taste)
  3. Wait for your bling nails to dry and apply your top coat!
 
 
And voila! You've got your nails accessorized in gold!

Amicably yours,  
♥ Emi

Comments:2

  1. I need a gold polish!! I haven't done my nails in a good 2 months now. I just haven't had the time to sit down and do them! :(

    Wanna do my nails for me? :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's hard to find a true gold but I finally has! Even though it's ridiculously expensive LOL ><!

    I could TRY ahaha. I guarantee nothing though, 'cause I've never done someone else's nails--I imagine the angle being totally weird to adjust to xD

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.