> | > Review: Drug Store Faves

Review: Drug Store Faves

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2012 | No Comments

Whew! It's been a while since I've done a product review, so I figured: why not? Today's review will be featuring two drug store products that I've been using this winter: Clean & Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment and Aveeno Eczema Care Cream.


The Clean & Clear was for the breakout I got from eating Christmas chocolates. My parents don't really eat chocolate or sweets, so I had a full box of Ferrero Rocher and Purdy's Hedgehogs to myself. It was a deadly combination :(

In spite of what people say that chocolate can't give you acne, the ginormous zits I had on the centre of my face digress. Thank goodness I found this little baby hiding in the bathroom cabinet!

 

My Thoughts:

Just as the product label says, it goes on clear and as you can see in the picture above, it has a very watery consistency. Because of this, you can put it on and have it working its magic during the day, but I prefer to use it only at nighttime. I found that when I put my BB cream over top of it, the BB cream would collect and show at the seams (for a lack of better words) of the product.

It took only about 1-2 applications for my pimples to disappear, but about 3-4 applications to cure the ones I had started to pick at, hehehe, I should really kick that habit =x

It should be noted though, that this may not be for everyone. My mom didn't like it very much because she said this dried her skin, but I didn't have any such problems. Lucky me! 

The Price: 

Advertised for $7.99 at London Drugs--though you can probably find this for cheaper at Superstore, just that there aren't any prices on the Superstore website ><"
Like I mentioned in another post somewhere, the winter always does terrible things to my skin and even though it's been better this winter with the MISSHA exfoliant I reviewed in this post, I still used the Aveeno lotion to ensure extra moisture!

 
My Thoughts:

I used to have bouts of eczema here and there--fortuntaely the skin condition didn't rear its ugly head this season! Anyways, in spite of the bottle saying Eczema Care Cream on the label, I still used it on a patch of dry and flaky skin by my nose and it cleared up in a few overnight applications! :D

Although I didn't have any eczema, I used this product because of the colloidal oatmeal, which is known to help itchy, scratchy, and dry skin in general.

And if you do have eczema? This lotion is definitely soothing and quells the itch. Believe me--I've used this on eczema before and it feels soooo good, especially when you've scratched yourself raw ><!

The consistency of the lotion is super thick--you can see that in the way the lotion keeps the cylindrical shape as when it was squeezed out of the bottle! Due to the thick consistency, I would only recommend using this as an overnight moisturizer but if you have tremendously dry skin, then by all means, use it as a daytime moisturizer as well!

The Price:

Advertised on sale for $9.59 at London Drugs. Again, probably a bit cheaper at Superstore :)

Hope these reviews helped!

Amicably yours,  
♥ Emi

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.